Daily Maintenance and Installation Details of Sanitary GUME Tri-clamp Diaphragm Valve
Daily maintenance and installation details of sanitary GUME tri-clamp diaphragm valve
- Normally the diaphragm valve is stored in a dry and ventilated indoor environment.
- Inventory of the valve must be sealed on both ends of the channel, to prevent foreign matter into the inner cavity and damage the sealing parts. And should avoid contact with oil or other flammable items.
- The metal processing surface of sanitary GUME tri-clamp diaphragm valve should remove dirt, and keep clean and dry.
- Lining rubber or rubber diaphragm surface do not brush oil kind items, to avoid producing rubber swelling and affect the service life of valve.
- During storage or during the outage, the hand wheel should counterclockwise, make the valve is in slice open state, to avoid the diaphragm lose elasticity due to long-term compression.
- In the process of transportation or installation, sling shall not be tied on the hand wheel or valve stem. And it is strictly prohibited to hit other metal or hard, in case of injury parts and lining.
- Before installation, check the operation condition and the medium of the pipeline carefully whether they are in conformity with the applicable scope of the provisions of this sanitary diaphragm valve , to avoid unnecessary loss caused its improper selection, even there is an accident.
- This sanitary diaphragm valve should not be applied in the vacuum line, but it can be installed at any position in the pipeline to make two-ways flow using, but should ensure the operation and maintenance convenience.
- When installation, the valve body cavity should be clean, and prevent dirt jam or damage the sealing parts, and check whether the connecting bolts is evenly tighten or not.
- Must check the parts frequently which contacting with the medium in process, and according to the actual usage, change of vulnerable parts regularly.
- Should be paid attention to the diaphragm when need to change it, don’t screw the diaphragm too tight or too loose.
- If the sanitary diaphragm valve is applied to intermittent operation, the contacting area of media should be cleaned during stopping usage time, then extend service life.
- When we operate the diaphragm valve by manual, don’t allow to using auxiliary leverage to make the valve opening and closing, so that it is possible to avoid the damage of driving parts or sealing parts which may caused by excessive torque.
*The article was collected and revised by WELLGREEN PROCESS SOLUTIONS– Your reliable solutions of sanitary stainless steel valves and fittings.